(Rule 5 of the Show rules apply) Exhibits to be presented between 10am and 12 noon in the produce hall. Judging commences at 1:00pm
Prize money: 1st €15, 2nd €12, 3rd €10 unless otherwise arranged, entry fee €5
Class 155 Qualifier
The Irish Shows Association & Bonniconlon Show Society Present
“The All Ireland Domestic Arts Championship” Sponsored by: Bonniconlon Show Ltd
Rules and Conditions
- Each exhibit to consist of Three items from the list below:
- (a) Handmade picture any medium max 60cms x 45cms (excluding frame)
- (b) Flower arrangement for a dining room table (space allowed 12” x 12″)
- (c) Six potatoes Any Variety
- (d) Decorated Victoria Sponge [20cm/8 inches] filling & decoration must be Non Perishable
- The picture must be handmade, Machine Work will not suffice
- All vegetables must be grown by the exhibitor
- Exhibitors may qualify once only.
- Two exhibitors to qualify from each qualifying
- This competition will be judged on a points system
- Points will be awarded for presentation
Exhibits to be in place before 11.30 on day of Final
Entry fee: To Qualifying Show €3 To Final €6
Prize Fund: 1st €250; 2nd €200; 3rd €130; 4th €65; 5th to 25th €30 each.
Final: Bonniconlon Show – Monday 5th August 2019
Class 156 Homemade wholemeal cake.
Class 157 Homemade soda cake.
Class 158 Six homemade brown scones.
Class 159 Six homemade plain scones.
Class 160 Six homemade queen cakes.
Class 161 Six Muffins any flavour.
Class 162 Homemade Madeira cake.
Class 163 Tea Brack.
Class 164 Porter cake
Class 165 Vegetable cake, Carrot cake etc. (non perishable icing).
Class 166 Chocolate Cake
Class 167 4 Biscuits
Class 168 4 decorated cupcakes (non perishable icing).
Class 169 Decorated Occasion cake (non perishable icing).
Prize money in Classes 170-172 incl – 1st €20, 2nd €15, 3rd €10. Entry fee €7.
Class 170 Homemade rich fruit cake – Sponsored by Eamon & Catherine Neary, The Shopping Basket, Church Street, Athenry.
Class 171 Christmas Plum Pudding (2lb size).
HOME BAKING – JUNIOR
(Rule 5 of the Show Rules apply) Entrants must accompany their exhibits at the show.
Prize money 1st €10, 2nd €8, 3rd €5 unless otherwise arranged. Entry fee €3.
Class 194 Six decorated queen cakes. (Child 5-10 years old)
Class 195 Six decorated rice krispies buns. (Child 5-10 years old)
Class 196 Decorated sponge flan (base must be homemade)
Class 197 Homemade Apple Tart
Class 198 Rocky Road Squares
Class 199 4 Flapjacks (something healthy/oats, berries etc)
(Rule 5 of the Show Rules apply)
Prize money: 1st €15, 2nd €12, 3rd €10 unless otherwise arranged. Entry fee €5
Class 172 Pot of homemade strawberry jam
Class 173 Pot of homemade blackcurrant jam
Class 174 Pot of homemade raspberry jam
Class 175 Pot of homemade marmalade
Class 176 Pot Rhubarb & Ginger Jam Sponsored by Mary O’Keeffe, Athenry Show.
All entries to be posted to Claire Rooney, Secretary, Athenry Agricultural Show, Blaine, Esker, Athenry. Phone 086 0848372