(Rule 5 of the Show rules apply) Exhibits to be presented between 10am-12noon in the produce hall. Judging commences at 1pm.
Prize money 1st €15, 2nd €12, 3rd €10 unless otherwise arranged, entry fee €5
Class 188 Qualifier
The Irish Shows Association & Bonniconlon Show Society Present “The All-Ireland Domestic Arts Championship” Sponsored by: Bonniconlon Show Ltd
Rules and Conditions
- Each exhibit to consist of Three items from the list below:
[A] Any piece of handcraft excluding Knitting, Crochet & Embroidery [Max 15”x15”]
[B] House Pot Plant. [not larger than [15”x15”]
[C] Decorated Fruit.
[D] Lemon Drizzle Cake. [2lb Loaf Tin] Un iced
- Exhibitors may qualify once only.
- In the event of an objection and following investigation, and if the exhibitor
- Is deemed to be making their living from their profession, they may be disqualified.
- Two exhibitors to qualify from each qualifying show.
- This competition will be judged on a points system
- Points will be awarded for presentation
- …. The Judge’s decision is final for all stags of the competition.
- Exhibits are displayed at owner’s risk.
Exhibits to be in place before 11.30 on day of Final
Entry fee: To Qualifying Show €3 To Final €6 Prize Fund for the Final 1st €250, 2nd €200, 3rd €130, 4th €65, 5th to 25th €30 each
Final: Bonniconlon Show – Monday 1st August 2022
Class 189 Home-made wholemeal cake.
Class 190 Home-made soda cake.
Class 191 Six home-made brown scones.
Class 192 Six home-made plain scones.
Class 193 Six home-made queen cakes.
Class 194 Six Muffins any flavour.
Class 195 Home-made Madeira cake.
Class 196 Tea Brack.
Class 197 Porter cake
Class 198 Vegetable cake, Carrot cake etc. (nonperishable icing).
Class 199 Chocolate Cake
Class 200 4 Biscuits
Class 201 4 decorated Cupcakes (nonperishable icing)
Class 202 Decorated Occasion cake (nonperishable icing).
Prize money in Classes 203- 204 Incl – 1st €20, 2nd €15, 3rd €10. Entry Fee: €7.
Class 203 Home-made Rich Fruit cake Sponsored by Eamon & Catherine Neary, The Shopping Basket. Athenry.
Class 204 Christmas Plum Pudding (2lb size).
HOME BAKING – JUNIOR
Rule 5 of the Show rules apply. Entrants must accompany their exhibits at the show.
Prize money 1st €10, 2nd €8, 3rd €5 unless otherwise arranged. Entry fee €3.
Class 228 Six decorated queen cakes (Child 5-10 years)
Class 229 Six decorated rice Krispie’s buns (Child 5-10 yrs)
Class 230 Decorated sponge flan (base must be homemade)
Class 231 Homemade apple tart.
Class 232 Rocky Road Squares
Class 233 4 Flapjacks (something healthy/oats, berries etc)
Rule 5 of the Show rules apply)
Prize money: 1st €15, 2nd €12, 3rd €10 unless otherwise arranged. Entry fee €5
Class 205 Qualifier. The Irish Shows Association & Arva Show Society Present
The All-Ireland Home Preserves Championship.
Sponsored by Breffni Landscapes Prize Fund €600
Rules & Conditions,
- Display number three pots of preserves any size one pot from each section below
(a) Soft Fruits
(b) Stoned Fruits,
Max space allowed 22cm x 41 cm
- Exhibitor to be creative when presenting their exhibit.
- Points will be awarded for taste, appearance, sealing, setting and presentation.
- The competition is confined to amateurs both male & female.
- Two exhibits will qualify from each show
- The exhibits must be home produced by the exhibitor.
- In the event of an objection and following an investigation, and if the exhibitor is deemed to be making living from their profession, they maybe disqualified.
- A special class will be held at each qualifying show.
- All preserves will be sampled.
- The judge’s decisions at all stages of the competition is Final
- Exhibits are displayed at owner’s risk.
- For the final fresh pots of preserves must be entered.
These rules should be read in conjunction with ISA Rules.
Entry fee to qualifying show €3 and to the Final €6
Prizes: 1st €200, 2nd €150, 3rd €100, 4th €50, 5th €25, , 6th €25, 7th €25, 8th €25,
FINAL: ARVA Shoe Sunday 24th July 2022.
Class 206 Pot of homemade strawberry jam
Class 207 Pot of homemade blackcurrant jam
Class 208 Pot of homemade raspberry jam
Class 209 Pot of homemade marmalade
Class 210 Pot of Rhubarb & Ginger Jam Sponsored by Mary O’Keeffe, Athenry Show.